Every project, regardless of size, follows the five basic phases.
These phases have been thoughtfully developed to guide both the client and designer through each project in a precise organized manner, ensuring successful and complete outcomes. We charge an hourly fee for design consultation services. The scope of services, products, and finishes vary with each project. We are happy to provide our clients with an estimated projected range of fees and services once the project has been thoroughly discussed.
- Programming: We listen and collect all pertinent information allowing us to design to our client’s specific needs-aesthetically and functionally-as well as gaining an understanding of the client’s budgetary and scheduling goals.
- Schematic: We outline the general design concept through space planning, as well as preliminary finish, furniture and material selections. This initial design is based on the information collected during the programming phase and may include various options to be further honed as the project advances.
- Design Development: Based on input from the schematic design phase project execution becomes more specific through the preparation of final floor plans, renderings, elevations and details. Final specifications are prepared for all furnishings, fabrics, finishes and project materials, to name a few. Final bids and project schedules are solicited during this phase as well.
- Construction Documents: We provide detailed drawings and specifications that further articulate the approved design so actual fabrication and implementation may begin. A project schedule and budget is arrived upon and agreed to by all parties so the project may reach a successful outcome. Applicable approvals and down payments required by contractors are typically gathered.
- Contract Administration: We stay closely involved with the project through site visits, contractor meetings, order tracking and coordinating various deliveries and installations. This phase is critical in assuring both quality control and adherence to the project schedule and budget. A punch list shall be completed prior to occupancy monitoring the completion of that list.
A well-rounded project often requires a variety of individuals, products and services for its successful completion.
Whether the job requires a reputable painter for a small room or management of a multilevel furniture installation, Metropolis Design offers a wide range of services to suit your needs.
- Site Visits and Field Measure
- Space Planning
- Finish/Material Selections of all types
- Furniture Planning and Selection
- Furniture Inventory and Cataloging
- Interior Elevations/Detailing
- Custom Cabinetry/Furniture Design
- Artwork/Signage Selection
- Lighting/Electrical Consultation
- Revit & AutoCAD
- Certified Aging In Place design (CAPS)
- Specification Writing/Bid Solicitation
- Construction Documents
- Product Acquisition/Procurement
- Project Management/Logistical planning
- LEED AP & ADA Review
- Furniture Moving and Warehousing
In addition to interior design services, Metropolis Design Group can help with the procurement of a variety of products and finishes.
- Furniture for Residential and Commercial Environments
- Window Treatments and Blinds
- Custom Cabinetry
- Locally Commissioned Artwork
- Plumbing Fixtures
- Tile and Stone
- Countertop Surfaces
- Decorative Accessories
- Rugs and Carpeting, Flooring of all Types
- Custom Bedding and Tabletop
Receiving, Delivery and Installation
Metropolis Design Group has affiliations with a variety of local companies who will receive and inspect shipments, safely deliver goods to the job site and skillfully build and install furnishings per job specifications. Our contractors are always courteous and efficient, and respectful of both your time and space.